Bourbon Luxe takes your security and privacy very seriously. We want to be open and clear about how we collect and store personal information. Personal Information is information that relates to an identified or identifiable natural person.
How we use your personal information
- To keep Bourbon Luxe users posted on the latest news, product announcements, and software updates.
- To identify subscribers to enable sign-in and to synchronize information across different devices.
- To help operate and improve Bourbon Luxe services such as anti-fraud protection and data analysis and research into trends.
- Bourbon Luxe may also de-identify personal information to create aggregated anonymous reports, such as the “most popular Bourbon tours” or the “most sought after Bourbons.”
- Bourbon Luxe shares information with partners to provide technical services, enabling payment, and conducting customer research. These partners and companies are obligated to protect your information. For example, payment gateway providers such as Apple, Google Pay, Stripe, PayPal, and Venmo may share with Bourbon Luxe data or that enables you to make purchases, e.g. credit or debit card type, expiration date, and some but not all digits of your card number.
- When you register for our platform or use our services, Bourbon Luxe may ask that you provide information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include details such your name, phone number, date of birth, login credentials, delivery address, and certain payment information (i.e., payment card type, last 4 digits and expiration date), as well as numbers, usernames, or other identifiers that are assigned uniquely to you.
- Based on how you interact with Bourbon Luxe, we may also collect information about your spending habits, preferences, and demographic information.
How we collect personal information
- We collect information that you give us:
- Bourbon Luxe accounts require you to sign up. Subscribers are asked to provide a name, email address, and to create a password.
- We collect information from interactions with our services:
- Servers automatically collect information such as search queries, clickthrough’s to shops, and your bourbon ratings and personal tasting notes.
- Device-specific information may be collected such as activity, browser type, language, the date and time of your request, and referral URL.
- Cookies or similar technologies such as mobile device identifiers help recognize you when you log in or return.
- Internet Protocol address (IP) and network information.
- Device-specific information or unique device identifiers (UUID) identify hardware model, operating system version, and mobile network information.
- Storage information on your device collects your recent searches, ratings, and label images.
- Location information is collected by various technologies such as IP address or GPS and linked to your device to provide services.
- Unique application numbers about your installation such as the operating system type and application version for automatic updates.
How to remove your personal information
- If you do not want to be on our mailing list, you can opt-out anytime by clicking the unsubscribe link in a Bourbon Luxe email.
- You can manage preferences in your account.
- We (or our partners) may use the information we collect through tracking technologies, to locate or try to locate the same unique users across multiple browsers or devices (such as smartphones, tablets, or computers). Specifically, this information may be used to tailor content and features presented to you and provide you with a seamless experience across devices.
- We may also use cross-device targeting to help identify you and serve advertising. If you wish to opt-out of cross device tracking for purposes of interest- based advertising, you may do so through your device settings. This type of advertising is often called “interest-based” or “personalized” advertising—and when it occurs on mobile apps, “cross-app” advertising.
- You can learn more about interest-based advertising and how to opt-out of receiving certain tailored advertising by visiting (1) the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out link or (2) the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out link. To opt-out of Google Analytics for display advertising or customize Google display network ads, you can visit the Google Ads Settings page.
Communicate with You
- Bourbon Luxe may use your personal information to communicate with you. For example, Bourbon Luxe may send you text messages or other notifications (such as “push notifications” through your mobile device) about the status of your orders, deliveries, or tours. Bourbon Luxe may also email you with promotional offerings or other communications that may be of interest to you. If we send you marketing emails about services that may interest you, each email will contain instructions permitting you to “opt- out” of receiving future email marketing communications.
Fair Use Policy
- Bourbon Luxe Fair Use Policy applies to all users of Bourbon Luxe. By using Bourbon Luxe you are agreeing to abide by this policy. You are independently responsible for complying with all relevant laws in your use of Bourbon Luxe.
- We prohibit anything that may be illegal or inappropriate.
- Bourbon Luxe may not be used in a manner that is harmful to others.
- You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion of the site.
- The use of automatic query software is prohibited.
- Use of Bourbon Luxe must be fair and not excessive. We may consider your usage to be excessive and unreasonable where it materially exceeds the average or estimated use patterns over any session or day.
- For the purpose of confirming your compliance with these Terms, Bourbon Luxe reserves the right to monitor and record activity on the website and apps, and reserves the right to remove users who violate this policy.
- All materials on Bourbon Luxe are the intellectual property of Bourbon Luxe, unless otherwise indicated. Without explicit written permission from us, it is illegal to reproduce, modify or store any part of our content (text or image) for any reason other than personal, non-commercial use. All Bourbon Luxe content is protected by international copyright law.
- All numeric data on Bourbon Luxe is the intellectual property of Bourbon Luxe. We do not grant permission for anyone to collect data from the website using automated query software.
- Bourbon Luxe respects intellectual property rights and takes any alleged intellectual property infringement seriously. If you believe that your own work, or the work of a third party for whom you are authorized to act, is featured on the site or has been otherwise copied or made available in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following details (as required by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act):
- An electronic or physical signature of the intellectual property owner, or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner;
- A description of the work that you claim has been infringed (including the URL, location, title, or other identifying characteristics);
- Your name, company name, address, telephone number, fax number, and email address (and, if you are not the owner of the intellectual property, the name of the owner);
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the described use of the work is not authorized by the intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law; and,
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the intellectual property owner or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the intellectual property owner.
Bourbon Luxe operates in a changing regulatory and technological environment; accordingly, Bourbon Luxe may amend these policies from time to time. Occasionally, we may need to make urgent changes. We reserve the right to amend this policy at any time, and without notice.
Notice to California Users
If you are a resident of California, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on our California Privacy Notice which provides additional information, disclosures, and describes California residents’ rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). Our California Privacy Notice describes several rights available to you, including:
- The right to access your Personal Information
- The right to obtain your Personal Information in a portable format
- The right to have your Personal Information deleted from our databases
- The right to “opt-out” from having your Personal Information sold
If you would like to exercise your right to “opt-out”, please contact us about our Do Not Sell Form at email@example.com. To make any other requests under the CCPA, please contact us about our Data Rights Request Form at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice to Users Outside the United States
Bourbon Luxe is based in the United States. Regardless of where you access the platform or services, the information collected as part of that use will be transferred to and maintained on servers located in the United States. Any personal information that we obtain about you will be stored in the United States where data protection laws may not be as protective as those applicable where you live. By using the platform or services, you consent to this collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the United States.
Personal Information About Underage Users and Children
You must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age to access the Bourbon Luxe platform or services in the United States and eighteen (18) years of age to access the platform and services in Canada (the “Minimum Age” in that country). We do not knowingly request or collect personal information from any person under the Minimum Age. If a user submitting personal information is suspected of being younger than the Minimum Age in your jurisdiction, we will require the user to close his or her account, and we will also take steps to delete that person’s information as soon as possible. If you know of any individuals under the Minimum Age using the platform, please email us at email@example.com so we can take action to prevent such access.
If you have any questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org